Avoid Midair Colllisions!
The seventh version of Airport Madness offers players a 3-dimensional air traffic control experience, from a control tower perspective. You get to sit in a virtual swivel chair, able to pan around the airport with the drag of your mouse. Choose good weather or bad, adjust the tower height to your preference, then do your best to manage jet traffic into and out of five different real-world airports, with more airports coming soon. Listen to human pilot voices as the aircraft obey your every command. Watch as the animated windsocks react to gusty winds. Scan your radar screens for potential conflicts between aircraft.
Designed by real-world air traffic controllers
- Surface Radar Display
- Airborne Radar Display
- Human pilot voices
- Dead real flight characteristics
- Optional bad weather
- Three different views, including "pilot cam"
- Adjustable tower height
- Zoomable view
- Reversible traffic patterns
- Multiple game play modes
Seven Awesome Airports!
- Norman Manley Airport, Kingston Jamaica
- Billy Bishop Airport, Toronto Ontario
- Rocky Mountain Metropolitan Airport, Broomfield Colorado
- LaGuardia Airport, New York USA
- Vancouver Harbour (float plane base), Vancouver, Canada
- Castlegar (forest fire fight), BC, Canada
- Los Angeles
- Boston Logan (coming April)
Airport Madness 3D has similar game play mechanic to the rest of the series. In this version, each airport offers two separate traffic patterns, a huge step upwards from our previous six versions of Airport Madness.
Choose your view!
- Adjustable-height control tower view
- Runway threshold view
- "Pilot cam" cockpit view from all aircraft
- Zoom in or out, pan in all directions
It feels real!
Our terrain is built from real-world earth data. Airport designs are based on real-world layouts. Game play has been designed by real-world air traffic controllers and commercial pilots. Even the aircraft flight characteristics are highly realistic. Watch as the airplanes actually raise their nose during the takeoff rotation, and during the landing flare. Sounds are authentic. We've added the rumble of an aircraft's takeoff thrust, and the whine of a jet engine as it spools up at the gate.
Airport Madness 3D is a game you've got to play!
We've worked hard to compare our air traffic control game to that of 3D simulations that are currently for sale elsewhere, and what we feel everybody wants is a game that's easy to grasp, lots of fun, and highly addictive. Airport Madness 3D is all of these.