CHANGE is an emotional homeless survival experience set in a randomly generated city with rogue-like elements. Explore, survive, earn perks, find items and kindness to develop your character and escape to a new life.
20% of Delve Interactive's profits from this game will be donated to charities focused on the issue of homelessness.
This is a hate letter to the growing indifference in the world. When members of the development team almost fell into homelessness some years ago, it inspired us to create something that gives a voice to the forgotten and the vulnerable.
After almost 5 years of research and hard work, 100s of updates and fan support, we bring you our tale of survival and isolation.
- One of the largest perk systems ever made, with over 130 unique perks gained by experimenting with different methods of survival
- Explore an endless city that's different every time you play
- Choose from 5 different characters each with their own background stories and maladies, then create your own story
- 100's of well written "night events" lets you develop your own abstract tale, using a novel system that changes your story depending on how you choose to play
- Find companions and find kindness. Build a reputation or even friendships with various characters including the other homeless and the police
- Build your inventory with food, survival tools, clothing and more... as well as unlocking new items for your next playthrough as you progress
- Spend a night in police stations, parks or shelters, spend time at bars, visit the clinic, study in the library, recycle scrap and more as you discover new areas and buildings
- Learn about the lives of the homeless and everything they go through to survive, with every part of the truth having been heavily researched by the developers
- Experience a beautifully composed emotional soundtrack
Manage your hunger, hygiene, happiness, crime levels, street reputation, study levels and other stats as you try to survive and escape the homeless life. But you can only do so much in one day... what will you do?
Will you spend the day begging, depending on the kindness of others?
Will you find shelter in the night?
Perhaps you're moved out of the area by the police for loitering. Unable to find shelter, you end up on the streets at night, and you meet a dog. Is it a stray? Could it be a friend? All your actions affect your happiness in some way, and it's up to you to manage your stats accordingly. You could turn to drink, but risk addiction. You could hope for a fortunate event, or make some progress towards your survival.
But you will have to choose. It could all be over if a bad event occurs in the dangerous night streets. Especially during winter.
Every game is different, and with each playthrough comes more ways to explore CHANGE.
If you became homeless... what would you do?
Our goal with this project is to raise awareness on the issue of homelessness, as well as raise money for it. We have done a ton of research for this project and while our wish is to portray the reality of homelessness, various aspects of sleeping rough have been abstracted for the sake of gameplay.
Join us in the community section to discuss the game with the team! We're always listening and awaiting your feedback.