When it comes to the great tribes of people throughout history, the Vikings stand tall as one of the greatest of all. Warriors, traders, explorers, they did a lot during their time, and helped establish a lot of the modern world whether we like to admit it or not. Now, you'll be able to become your own Viking leader, and get to command troops in the quest for gold and glory in Expeditions: Viking. For in this turn-based RPG and strategy game, you'll find yourself as the leader of a small Viking village. You have everything you want, and yet, you know you need more.
For history is not written telling tales of modest men, nay! They are told about those who dared to dream big, who went for the glory that will be resounded throughout history! But, there's a problem, the lands that you currently live on has no hope of grand expansion or glory, however, there is a tale of island that may have what you want. You'll need to gather a group of warriors and lead them across the west seas to find the island of legend that is said to have gold for any who can find it.
You'll get to create your character from scratch, including how their stats are allocated, and what skills and abilities they will have. These traits will help define who and what you are as warrior and a leader. Plus, your choices will define your story. Will you kill anyone you find? Or will you try and build alliances that could be beneficial? All options are open, and the quest for glory is about to begin in Expeditions: Viking.
- Create your very own Viking chieftain! Carve out your character from our unique character system, where stats, skills, and abilities define your character’s role.
- Raiding or Trading? Vikings were known not only as violent warriors, but savvy tradesfolk. How will you find wealth, with the carrot or the stick?
- War and Politics: Side with various factions be they Norsemen, Picts, or Angles.
- Reputation: Be mindful of your choices, the stories of your actions may bring others to fear you, but will they trust you?
- Step into the pages of history: In a beautiful and visceral telling of the Nordic history.