“Goblin times” is a turn-based strategy game mixed with RPG elements. There are five kinds of sources: gold, food, staff, reputation and happiness. Players could use these sources to produce units, build constructions, develop policies, and pay the price for map mechanism and random incidents. The map is in tiles. You could move the leader and their units across the tiles and order workers to build constructions in tiles. Every unit is able to level up and buy equipment to strengthen themselves.
In the current version, there are 8 different forces for players to choose. They are able to control a leader who is on behalf of certain force to explore, expand, exploit and exterminate.
Of course players could also choose their own winning strategies by highest reputation, possess rare resources, or just up take down their opponents by force.
Leaders with different abilities and up to their own games
- Bomb girls –They are the most shining stars in this goblin world, leading everyone to a beautiful new world and supported by numerous followers in the general public. The big sister is wild and passionate. She is the Beyoncé of the group. The little sister looks all clueless and innocent but is actually much more dangerous than her big sis. Her hobby is to blow things up.
- Politician—Politician is the most vile being. He is an outstanding con artist who is good at deceiving and using people but at the same time manage to be approved by the public through power and many other dirty tricks. He is extremely controlling and willing to do whatever it takes politically to achieve his goals.
- Chemist—Alchemy is the ultimate technique which is desired by every goblin. He is the one who made this come true, and he achieved so much more than that. Behind all those Chemical weapons, it’s the beating heart of his wild ambition. He uses drug to control and strengthen goblins when they all flock to him for the great alchemy.
- Vampire—An arrogant noble, intelligent and devious. He is a master of acting. The poor are nothing but meat on a chopping board, walking blood bags and ATMs to him. Because of his legendary beauty known by the whole world, many young goblin girls choose to turn a blind eye to what he does in private and stand by him till the end of the goblin world.
- Devil—She graduated as a young devil with the best grades and most evil indexes among all devils. She came here to build an empire. But things went left and she was conned out of her life savings within a few days. Most ironically, she was awarded with honorary citizenship by the government due to her decent behavior. This is an ultimate insult to a devil. Devil decided to stay for revenge and prove that SHE is the incarnation of evil.
- Banker—He is batshit crazy rich but still go out of his way to take the last dime out of people.
- Machete—They call him Machete. He kills, robs and womanizes. People look up to him and women adore him. In the eyes of other leaders, he is an unbearable bastard. They all consider him to be a brutal tyrant who doesn’t play by rules and knows nothing about politics. However his actions attract many low-life goblins to join his force and treat him as a hero.
- Immortal—Money can bring the dead to life actually. The greediest goblins craw out of their tombs under the leadership of Immortal. What makes them come to life is the power of money. It locks their souls in this world for all eternity.
Hire criminals to eliminate enemies
Kill monsters and take the money
Change the life
- Gambling—In game, players can participate in gambling. This is the most common way for goblins to get rich (broke).
- Tarot—This is the fastest way for players to change(ruin) their lives
- Incidents—In game, players face all kinds of incidents. It’s up to their choices on how to handle these incidents. Different choices lead to different branches.
I’m the author, and I have something to say: I’m a huge movie fan and this game is also inspired by two classic films: “Modern Times” and “Chicago”. These two masterpieces portray the ugly side of capitalism thoroughly with a comic and satiric style, and still remain entertaining at the same time. As a big advocate of socialism, I always have a special place in my heart for this kind of films.
On the other hand, as a gamer who is incredibly into 4X games such as “Sid Meier's Civilization”, I always dreamt of making a game of the same genre for my own entertainment. And as time went by, the day finally came. As I encountered a game called “Gremlins inc” which was right up my ally and served as a huge inspiration to me. That’s when I really took action and started to design and develop a strategy game with a sense of black humor.
The game right now is still in development cause it’s a two-man project and we’ve got so much to learn and explore. If you have any kind of suggestion, please feel more than welcome to leave a message to us (*^▽^*).