Hellenistic World Flavor Pack
The empire of Alexander is torn into separate kingdoms as former generals and functionaries squabble over his mantle. In Egypt, the famous Ptolemy holds the body of the great conqueror and the riches of the Nile. Seleucus has consolidated his power in Persia while Antigonus has built a base in Anatolia. The cruel Lysimachos dominates Thrace, and Macedonia, the heart of the empire, has fallen to Cassander the usurper.
This pack adds new color to the Wars of the Diadochi, including new units models and game flavor.
- 4 New Army Models: Unique army designs for Macedonia, Phrygia, the Seleucids and Thrace.
- 4 New Ship Models: Unique warship designs for Egypt, Macedonia, Phrygia, and the Seleucids, including depictions of the famous Hellenistic superships.
- Special On Map Monuments: The Mausoleum of Alexander, the Acropolis of Rhodes, the Acropolis of Pergamon, the Palace at Ay Khanum, the Library of Alexandria, and the Argead Palace of Macedonia,
- Six Hellenistic Flavor Events: About the Legacy of Alexander, the veterans of Alexander's wars, the Spread of Hellenistic Culture, City Athletic Events, and Trade.
- Alexander’s Body Event Chain: Try to steal the remains of Alexander the Great and erect a monument to his memory.
- New Event Art: Dedicate new art for the included unique events.
- New music: Special music composed specifically for the Hellenistic players.
Imperator: Rome is a grand strategy game that spans from Alexander's Successor Empires in the East to the foundation of the grand Roman Empire. The game was developed by Paradox Development Studio and published by Paradox Interactive.
Many great men like Caesar, Alexander, and Hannibal shaped the fate of a continent in many ways thanks to their leadership skills. The ancient Mediterranean hosted a great number of influential people from cunning generals, rulers that aspired to be gods, and powerful kings. Imperator: Rome gives you a chance to change the course of history as you take your nation and lead it into strife and conflict against all that oppose you.
Enter a living world full of characters that possess many traits and skills that change as time passes by. These characters can lead an entire nation, lead your fleets and armies into battles, and rule over certain provinces. Many kinds of people are living in these lands, from tribesmen, freemen, citizens, and slaves. Each of them has their own religion and culture, and your job is to keep them happy and satisfied so they can be efficient soldiers, workers, and so on.
Formulate tactical battle plans in order to catch your opponent off guard by using your options to crush the opposition, as each culture has its own way of waging war. Many different bonuses, abilities, and units lie at your disposal. Different types of government are present in different cultures. meaning you will have a court in a monarchy, a Senate in a Republic, and clans to answer to in a tribal system.
Governors and generals can turn on you and even take your army, while the threat of barbarians is always present as they pillage or claim your land. Take advantage of goods as they provide bonuses that you can stockpile or trade in order to gain wealth. Expand your kingdom by building roads, investing in buildings, and creating defenses.