You are among the latest, and perhaps the last, of the challengers to undertake this great journey into the stars. While the universe may be ancient, you and your rivals are still young. As you compete with one another for control of this galaxy, there are others, far older and more powerful than you, who watch from a distance with unknown intentions. It is time for you to prove your empire deserves to rule this galaxy, once and for all. You may prove worthy after all, but worthy of what? It is up to you to Discover the Unknown...
Interstellar Space: Genesis takes classic turn-based space 4X strategy mechanics, adds in a few twists of its own, and tosses them in with several brand new mechanics to create a truly unique entry into the genre. It also aims to provide a lack of burdensome micromanagement and an emphasis on the best aspects of classic 4X space strategy games.
Construct your galaxy.
- Play as one of six distinct races, each with their own abilities, advantages, and backgrounds.
- Design custom races with their own ideal worlds, racial traits, and unique game-changing abilities.
- Craft your own experience using customized difficulty, victory condition, and galaxy size settings.
- Navigate through randomized tech and culture trees or follow the galaxy's natural order.
Discover the galaxy's secrets.
- Reveal mysteries throughout the game via unique exploration mechanics and events.
- Detect black holes, neutron stars, planets and other systems using remote exploration technology.
- Unearth ancient ruins to discover treasures, technologies or talented individuals.
- Experience the freedom of interstellar travel that is limited only by your empire's supply chain.
Broaden your horizons.
- Establish and conquer settlements and outposts to expand your empire.
- Find ideal worlds or adapt them to your race using terraforming and planetary engineering projects.
- Manage your colonies and behold their animated structures and procedurally generated worlds.
- Exploit asteroids and strategic resources for production, profit, or research.
Outclass your foes.
- Engineer custom ships capable of crushing your enemies in turn-based tactical combat.
- Engage in diplomacy to pursue trade, sign treaties, forge alliances or conduct military negotiations.
- Destroy enemy worlds using powerful bombs or send in your assault troops to take what is yours.
- Deploy leaders undercover to learn secrets, destroy facilities or locate potential defectors in espionage missions.
Advance beyond your ancestors.
- Oversee unique leaders each with personalities, desires, traits, skills and opinions that truly matter.
- Evolve your race's culture and celebrate their talents and specializations.
- Reduce burdensome micromanagement through refined implementations of classic mechanics.
- Make compelling decisions that define your empire's destiny.
A word on our company and our values. Praxis Games was born from the passion of playing video games for the PC, strategy games in particular. Single-player experiences at heart. We exist to please the fans. To make the games you want to play, again and again.
We believe that games should serve three purposes: to entertain, to inspire and to help educate. In that regard, our games are crafted to be a lot of fun, in order to make you lose the track of time. They will inspire you by putting you in command and in control of something bigger than yourself. And finally, our games are deep, rich in detail and made as accurate as possible because we want to help challenge your critical thinking skills, stimulate your imagination and guide you on a voyage of discovery.