For Max Payne, the tragedies that took his loved ones years ago are wounds that refuse to heal. No longer a cop, close to washed up and addicted to pain killers, Max takes a job in São Paulo, Brazil, protecting the family of wealthy real estate mogul Rodrigo Branco, in an effort to finally escape his troubled past. But as events spiral out of his control, Max Payne finds himself alone on the streets of an unfamiliar city, desperately searching for the truth and fighting for a way out.
Combining cutting edge shooting mechanics with a dark and twisted story, Max Payne 3 is a seamless, highly detailed, cinematic experience from Rockstar Games.
• Developed by Rockstar Games for a seamless, highly detailed, cinematic experience
• Advanced Bullet Time® and Shootdodge™ and Final Kill-cam mechanics for stylish shooting action
• Cutting edge aiming, targeting and animation processes for precise, fluid gunplay
• A dark, twisted story chronicling the return of Max Payne, one of the most iconic characters in videogames
• Tight integration between Natural Motion’s Euphoria Character Behavior System and a brand new iteration of the Rockstar Advanced Game Engine (RAGE) for lifelike movement and a new level of environmental awareness
• A wide range of weapons rendered in incredible detail: hammers cock back, shells eject from the chamber and each bullet is individually modeled from the split second it’s fired to the moment of impact
• Advanced particle physics and destructible environments set the stage for dramatic and chaotic gun fights
• New to the series, a compelling and addictive multiplayer experience to match the dark and relentless atmosphere of the single-player game
• Retired Feature: Online Multiplayer for Max Payne 3 on Mac will no longer be available in-game as of 5/31/14.
As a Max Payne 2 fan, the opening chords of Late Goodbye by Finnish band Poets of the Fall always give me a shiver of nostalgia. The atmospheric song plays over the end credits, but has always felt like the game’s theme to me. When I think about Max Payne 2, I think of that acoustic guitar an...
With videogames so full of long-running series it's inevitable that even the ones we enjoy will cough up the occasional dud. Whether you didn't like the combat focus of Fallout 4, or the sci-fi setting of Grand Theft Auto 2, or the underwhelming aliens of Mass Effect: Andromeda, or pretty ...
I'm not sure if there's another game I feel more conflicted about than Max Payne 3. The first two games rank amongst my personal favourites - particularly the second, which I think is one of the finest action shooters going. Max Payne 3 is at once better and worse than its predecessors. It has more ...
COLLECT 5 GEMS WITH THIS PRODUCT
What is HRK gems?
English*, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish, Polish, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese-Brazil
*languages with full audio support