Buying Pillars of Eternity: Hero Edition gives you access to the base game as well as The Deadfire Pack.
Pillars of Eternity is an RPG that was developed by Obsidian Entertainment and published by Paradox Interactive. The game was released on March 26th, 2015 for Microsoft Windows, OS X, and Linux. It's a spiritual successor to RPG classics like Planescape: Torment, Baldur's Gate, and the Icewind Dale series.
Enter the mesmerizing fantasy world of Eora and go on an epic adventure. Travel through the vast nation of Dyrwood and discover what is happening to the newborn children there. They are "hollowborn", born without a soul. We take the role of an ordinary character that later discoveres some kind of special power which awakens after a terrible supernatural event occurs. You are a Watcher, someone that has the ability to see past lives and even interact with souls. The objective in the game is to find out what is causing the hollowborn problem.
This is a world interwoven with many paths and choices, and you can only make so many. Take your band of daring companions and go on a thrilling journey across a new reverie realm and visit all kinds dungeons filled with powerful and dangerous creatures, valuable lost treasure, and many forgotten mysteries that are just waiting to be uncovered.
Pillars of Eternity gives you the option of playing as a Godlike, Dwarf, Elf, Orlan, Human, and Aumaua. Use Lore, Mechanics, Stealth, Athletics, and Survival, the core five skills available in-game to overcome any obstacle that stands in your way. This rich and detailed fantasy RPG lets you create your own character and pick its class from a wide selection (Barbarian, Chanter, Cipher, Druid, Fighter, Monk, Paladin, Priest, Ranger, Rogue and Wizard), build your own story as you side with many different factions using a reputation system, and take on any threats that you encounter head-on with your party.
- Play as any one of six races: Human, Aumaua, Dwarf, Elf, Godlike and Orlan.
- Utilize five core skills to overcome any situation: Stealth, Athletics, Lore, Mechanics and Survival.
- Deep character customization: Build a character as one of eleven classes such as Barbarian, Chanter, Cipher, Druid, Fighter, Monk, Paladin, Priest, Ranger, Rogue and Wizard.
- Sculpt your own story: Side with various factions using a reputation system, where your actions and choices have far reaching consequences.
- Explore a rich and diverse world: Beautiful pre-rendered environments laced with an engaging story and characters bring the world to life.