Plant a tree, watch the forest grow.
Wild Souls is a chill ecosystem sim with no time pressure, inspired by Don't Starve and Zoo Tycoon.
Build your own world like you would a garden, experiment which animals and plant species can live together, manage and balance the populations, write YOUR stories.
You start as a Souls Keeper : a being with the power to gather the souls of recently deceased animals and plants.
Those souls can be offered a new life, in a new body. But which body ? You decide.
Decide which species you're gonna choose to build your own world, plan ahead, improvise, experiment.
As you learn the specific needs of each species, you'll get closer to a perfectly balanced ecosystem : follow the bloodines of the creatures you added, watch their offsprings grow, and witness the stories of their lifes.
A mysterious guide will show you the way
Plant a proud willow by a river. It may die, put down by a beaver or the thunder.
Or survive long enough to become the elder of a massive forest, shelter to many forest-dwellers animals...
What will it's story looks like ?
Key features :
- Collect souls as a currency, spend them wisely to add new creatures and plants.
- Create different biomes by painting which climate should each part of the map belong to
- Control any animal : you can now try to survive in the very environment you created !
- Observe your world evolve, see the livings interacts with each other in a lot of ways
- Follow the rythm of seasons : Winter can be a difficult time for all, but in the Spring flowers will regrow on their own !
- Relax : listen to the sounds of nature, the music, and release stress
- Unlock new species by completing little quests
Seasons will change the look of the landscape :
Fire is a dangerous hasard, animals will flee before it, but some may not be that lucky...
Before you decide to get the game, you should know :
Wild Souls is in its early stage of development.
Wild Souls will be in early access for quite a time (several months at least), and will continue to get updated (new species, less bugs) a long time after it's "final" release.
It's an ambitious project made by a solo dev that I don't want to rush, or let un-updated shortly after it's release.
If you decide to start the adventure, you and your feedback will be very welcome in the discord community !