As you no doubt have heard by now, Bungie is splitting from Activision so that they can have full control over the Destiny franchise, as well as other games that they want to make, and many believe that this will lead to the arrival of Destiny 3. However, until that point, Destiny 2 is still being worked on and giving new updates and upgrades and such. And with a new season coming up, the team at Bungie are making some changes to one of the modes.
The team revealed the changes on their website:
To get Gambit primed for the Season of the Drifter, we have been working on some Quality of Life improvements We’re changing the way this little game is played, based on our own experience as players and a lot of feedback that we’ve collected since Forsaken launched.
Here are the quality-of-life changes they made for Gambit:
- Changed the third round of Gambit to a Primeval rush sudden death. This will speed up Gambit matches overall and add a change of pace to the final round.
- Overhauled how we choose the invader spawn location and increased the number of invader spawn points for each map. This should greatly reduce the chances of spawning very near or in direct line of sight of an enemy Guardian.
- Implemented Idle Protection which means that players that remain dormant for too long will not receive end-of-match rewards or Infamy points.
- The Triumph “Light vs. Light” can now be progressed by killing any Guardian using a Super, not just invaders. This makes attaining the Dredgen title a less daunting task.
- Adjustments to Blocker types by deposit tier:
- Small Blocker = Taken Goblin with less health than the previous Phalanx.
- Medium Blocker = Taken Captain with more health than the previous Knight.
- Large Blocker = Taken Knight with more health than the previous Ogre.
This will all arrive in Destiny 2 on March 5.