The Battle Royale landscape is continuing to change and evolve, and with the arrival of Apex Legends, it’s up to Epic Games to work hard to ensure that Fortnite isn’t left in the dust. And to that end, they have now just released a brand new update for the game, and like many updates before it, it doesn’t just bring in new balance changes, it adds new gear, and new content like limited time modes!
The first of these new Limited-Time Modes is called Driftin, which makes use of the newly added Driftboard item:
Gear up and grab a Driftboard from a Red Supply Drop, meet up with your team, then race to eliminate the enemies. Last team standing wins!
- Two teams of 32 players.
- All Chests and Ammo Boxes have been removed.
- Red Supply Drops fall all over the map, each containing a Driftboard, weapons, and ammo.
- Health and Shields slowly regenerate when riding on a Driftboard.
But wait! There’s more, there’s another new limited time mode in Fortnite via this update, and it definitely puts a new twist on things. It’s called, Catch!:
In this mode, all guns have been removed. The only weapons are grenades and other items that can be thrown or tossed. Get in there and throw the enemies back to the lobby!
- Available grenades/items:
- Smoke Grenades
- Remote Explosives
- Impulse Grenades
- Shockwave Grenades
- Chest spawns and Floor Spawns set to 100.
- Can only get consumables out of Chests, Floor Loot, and Supply Drops.
- Increase Supply Drops throughout the game.
- Faster circle times.
- Increased drop stack counts.
So as you can see, Epic Games isn’t going to stop making their own game better anytime soon. And if you want to get in on these new modes, and all the other changes to the game, you can do so right now.