Indie games are a big part of the gaming culture nowadays, and that’s perfectly fine. But because of the onslaught of indie titles, it can sometimes be daunting to find a truly good one lying around. Except when the game is highly praised and beloved, like Hollow Knight. This platforming adventure title won a lot of praise when it debuted, and then got a second life when it sold like hotcakes on the Nintendo Switch. And now, a sequel in the form of Silksong has been revealed.
The team at Team Cherry revealed this on their website, noting that they’ve always had more ideas in mind for the character:
“Almost from the very start, Hornet’s adventure was intended to take place in a new land, but as we dove in, it quickly became too large and too unique to stay a DLC, as initially planned. We do know that makes the wait a little longer, but we think the final, fresh world you’ll get to explore is worth it,” Team Cherry’s post reads.
The team also explained some of the game features for the upcoming Hollow Knight sequel:
- Discover a whole new kingdom! Explore coral forests, mossy grottos, gilded cities and misted moors as you ascend to the shining citadel at the top of the world.
- Engage in lethal acrobatic action! Wield a whole new suite of nimble moves as you dance between foes in deadly, beautiful combat.
- Craft powerful tools! Master an ever-expanding arsenal of weapons, traps and mechanisms to confound your enemies and explore new heights.
- Solve shocking quests! Hunt down rare beasts, unearth ancient mysteries and search for lost treasures to fulfil the wishes of the downtrodden and restore the kingdom’s hope. Prepare for the unexpected!
- Face over 150 all-new foes! Beasts and hunters, assassins and kings, monsters and knights – defeat them all with bravery and skill!
- Experience a stunning orchestral score! Hollow Knight’s award-winning composer, Christopher Larkin, returns to bring melancholy melodies, symphonic strings and heart-thumping, soul strumming boss themes to the adventure.
- Challenge Silk Soul mode! Once you conquer the game, test your skills in an all-new mode that spins the game into a unique, challenging experience.
No release date yet, but the game will only be coming to the PC (Mac and Linux too) and Nintendo Switch.