Four years after its release Square Enix and Platinum Games decided to finally give Nier: Automata its Steam fix.
Anyone who played Nier: Automata absolutely loved it. However, the PC port wasn’t optimal. It had a lot of technical issues that were, for some inexplicable reason, never fixed. Thankfully, the PC modding scene made quick work of those pesky issues and the game was playable.
Then out of the blue, the devs announced that Nier: Automata was getting a Steam patch that would fix all its troubles. Why the sudden urge to fix something that’s 4 years old? No one knows, but there’s one thing for certain, everyone on Twitter replies to their post saying the same thing: “You’re too late.”
Everyone already beat the game. Either by modding it and fixing the issues or by playing the Xbox Game Pass version. Since it’s different from the Steam version and is completely playable without many of the issues that plagued Steam players. If anything, anyone new that gets the Steam version is going to enjoy a lot of important additions that I’m listing down below.
The Nier: Automata Steam fix comes with:
- Borderless video settings have been implemented.
- A Fidelity FX CAS feature has been added.
- The system will now detect whether HDR has been activated in the Windows display settings, and automatically boot the game in HDR mode if it has.
- Adjustments to the anti-aliasing functionality
- Approximately 270 UI textures for icons, backdrops and UI elements etc. now support 4K resolutions.
- The bit rate has been improved and all pre-rendered cut scenes adjusted, so they will now play in 60FPS and display in the correct aspect ratio without stretching the picture.
- A new “Global illumination” feature has been implemented. This can be set to three different levels; High, Medium or Low.
- The rendering targets for ambient occlusion and bloom effects have been changed to dynamic resolution based on the game’s resolution.
- It is now possible to switch between recently selected display modes for screenshots, such as between full screen and windowed mode or between borderless and windowed mode, by pushing the Alt + Enter keys together.
- The mouse cursor is no longer displayed when using a game pad controller.
- The frame rate has been stabilized at 60FPS under default settings.
- Other stability related fixes have also been implemented.
Pick up a discounted PC game key for Nier: Automata on HRK Game today!