PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds on Xbox One has only recently been made whole, but PUBG Corp has been making it up to players who have waited a long time for this to come by bringing as much content and customizable gear to the version as possible. The Xbox One version launched last December, but only in Xbox Early Access. So now, they’re playing catchup with the PC version in a big way. A new announcement though will make many gamers happen, as Event Mode has come to the Xbox One via Desert Knights.
This was revealed on the PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds website:
The time has come to unveil our first ever event in the newly implemented Event Mode! This weekend, you will experience War Mode, a deathmatch-style game mode where players hunt each other down in a static zone. If you are killed, you will respawn in planes that fly by intermittently.
This weekend’s event is Desert Knights, where you drop into Miramar with a 10-person squad, kitted with all level three gear, a care package weapon, and other items. Teams will get points for knockdowns and kills, and the team that reaches 150 points, or has the highest points after 12 minutes, wins the battle!
- War Mode
- Two 10-man squads fight on Miramar (max 20)
- All players spawn with level three gear, a care package weapon, first aid kit, random sidearm and 2 grenades
- Killed players respawn in planes that fly by every 30 seconds
- Eliminating an enemy earns your team 3 points
- If no squad reaches 150 points after 12 minutes, the squad with the most point wins
- Vehicles will not spawn
OTHER EVENT RULES
- 10-person squads only. Auto-matching is forced
- Weather is Sunrise
- Red zones are disabled
- Care packages are disabled
- Friendly fire is disabled
The team welcomes any feedback you may have about the title, so be sure to play it and give notes. The event is live right now and will be active until the 23rd.