While it’s true that PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds isn’t as popular as it once was, it’s still an incredibly popular game with many people playing it. So much so that a global invitational is going on right now in Berlin to see who is the best player in the world. But, naturally, not every player can go to there, so the dev team is helping players out by bringing them a special mode that will let them know just how good, or bad, they are.
“Prepare for more weapon spawns, more vehicle spawns, and more aggressive blue zone behavior,” reads the team’s latest Steam post. “If you can earn some dinners in this mode, you might be good enough to play with the best.”
The game mode is live right now, and it’ll continue on until July 29th. You can do 4-man squads and play in first-person perspective only.
For those interested, here are the official rules you’ll be playing with:
- This event mode uses the official esports ruleset from events like PGI 2018
- Perspective is locked to FPP (like in many popular competitive events)
- The blue zone moves more quickly than in games with normal settings.
- Weapons spawns are a bit more generous. (AR, SR, DMR x1.5, SMG x1.2, Crossbow x0.1)
- Red zones are disabled.
- 20 cars with exclusive decals (and full gas tanks) are spawned in fixed locations across 20 landmark areas. (Please note, there’s a known issue where the special car in North Georgopol is stuck on the guard rail.)
- The mode is limited to four-man squads. Auto-matching is forced
- The mode is limited to 80 maximum players (20 teams of four players)
- Regular care package drops are enabled
- Killer spectating is enabled
- Weather is set to “Sunny Clear”
It’s good to see PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds trying to get everyone involved. So, if you’re up to the task, go and check out the new event.