Valheim devs decided to make the game’s enemies even more annoying with patch 0.155.7 by increasing the AI’s aggression.
The last time I talked about Valheim was when patch 0.154.1 arrived and activated two bugged events that were in the game but never triggered. Well, that’s a minor inconvenience considering what Valheim tweaks with patch 0.155.7. If you’re disappointed with the monsters’ AI, don’t be. From now on, if they can’t attack you they’re heading straight for your structures.
But, there’s an even more annoying feature. Greydwarfs now throw better. Not that they were one of the most annoying little assholes anyway. However, it’s not all doom and gloom as Valheim players get to build Maypoles now. Maypoles are an important part of many European festivals. And since it’s the Midsummer festival in Sweden, Iron Gate AB decided to share their celebration with the players by making the Maypoles into craftable structures.
Oh, bosses also don’t run for you anymore. Fitting, considering they’re giant otherworldly monstrosities. Valheim’s full 0.155.7 patch notes are available down below:
- Random save bug-fix (Solves a very unusual case of world corruption caused when shutting down)
- Monster AI tweaks (More aggressively attacking structures when unable to attack the player among other things)
- Open container fix (Fixes issue where you had to click a container multiple times to open it in multiplayer)
- Taught Greydwarfs to throw better
- Event trigger tweaks (Wolf event only triggers after Bonemass has been killed, Moder army can trigger in mountains etc.)
- Long forgotten Blob event enabled
- SFX volume setting fix (Used wrong DB conversion)
- Maypole enabled (Happy midsummer!)
- AI flee behavior tweaks (Bosses don’t run from you anymore)