Biolum is a 30 minute narrative experience with light interactivity.
ABOUT BIOLUM : TAKE THE PLUNGE
Biolum brings us on an immersive mission into the deepest depths of the ocean to explore the abyss through the perspective of scientific researcher Rachel, voiced by Dominique Tipper (The Expanse). Rachel is guided by expedition leader Eva, a renowned marine scientist, played by Charlotte Rampling (Denis Villeneuve's Dune). As we discover the mysteries of this bioluminescent VR underworld, it becomes clear that this relationship is not as simple as we thought…
Rachael discovers that a luminescent parasite is infecting the ocean flora and fauna. Glowing hybrid underwater oddities swim around us as Rachel and Eva try to understand the scientific meaning. The beautiful bioluminescence is wreaking havoc on the natural ecosystems. How could this have happened and what does it mean?
COSMIC WONDER OF THE GREAT UNKNOWN
In this VR story, nothing is as it seems. What’s beautiful very quickly reveals itself to be contagious, and perhaps more dangerous than ever imagined. As Rachel gets infected by these parasites, she faces a mesmeric fight for her mind and body. Inspired by the beauty of deep sea life, Biolum blurs the lines between biological truth and sci-fi and taps into existential themes and cosmic wonder of the great unknown.
- Light interactivity woven throughout that advances the storyline and encourages you to become Rachel and immerse yourself into her exploration
- Available in English, French, and Chinese,
- A 30 min interactive and narrative experience
- Spatialized immersive sound enhances the sensations of the deep ocean and the proximity of danger and beauty that surrounds you
- AWARDS: SXSW Audience Award, NewImages, UNIFRANCE Award, Courant3D, VR Grand Prix
Directed by Abel Kohen, co-written by Jon Rowe and Abel Kohen.
Produced by IKO, Reynard Films, prefrontal cortex.
Distributed by Astrea.