There are many survival games out there, ones that ask you to put your skills to the test in order to face a threat or survive the environment. Outlast is not one of those games. For in this survival game, if you fight, you're going to die, because your foes are not of this world. Or at least...they aren't anymore.
You are investigative reporter Miles Upshur, you've gotten anonymous tip that the Mount Massive Asylum isn't what it appears to be. You find out that this place has been operating under the utmost secrecy, so thus no one knows what's actually going on in there. You desire to change that in a big way.
But as you go to the place and break into the institution, the truth is much more horrifying than anything you could ever imagine. For the inmates of the asylum are being experimented on, and the results are truly horrifying.
Now that you know the truth, you have to expose it for all its twisted worth. To do so, you must dive deeper into the asylum, all the while desperately trying to avoid detection and capture from both the staff, and the monsters that are now inside the building. You'll have to use stealth and your parkour abilities to outrun and sneak by them.
Remember, you're not a warrior, or even trained in martial arts, you must not get caught if you're hoping to survive. This is a game of patience, a game of reacting quickly and knowing when to run and hide. Can you Outlast everything that's out to get you?
- True Survival Horror Experience: You are no fighter - if you want to survive the horrors of the asylum, your only chance is to run... or hide
- Immersive Graphics: AAA-quality graphics give players a detailed, terrifying world to explore
- Hide and Sneak: Stealth-based gameplay, with parkour-inspired platforming elements
- Unpredictable Enemies: Players cannot know when - and from where - one of the asylum’s terrifying inhabitants will finally catch up to them
- Real Horror: Outlast’s setting and characters are inspired by real asylums and cases of criminal insanity
Outlast contains intense violence, gore, graphic sexual content, and strong language. Please enjoy.