Fallout 76 has not had a very good history since its launch. The team at Bethesda tried to make a good Fallout MMO, but failed to capitalize on the potential that the game could’ve had. And since then, they’ve been working on fixing and improving the game, but even that has been met with a lot of issues. Such as with the Wild Appalachia update that was meant to add more content to the game. It has been delayed a lot recently.
However, the update now is back on track to be released soon. And as such, Bethesda made a patch notes page about the update to outline what’s coming in it. Such as:
- New Questline – Wasted on Nukashine: Complete this questline to uncover the secrets of the notorious and illicit Nukashine and unlock the new Brewing and Distilling crafting system.
- New Crafting System – Brewing and Distilling: Become the Wasteland’s premiere bartender by learning to craft a wide variety of new drinks using the new Brewing Workbench and the Fermenter.
- New Seasonal Event Quest – Fasnacht Parade: Aid the dutiful bots of Helvetia with their Fasnacht preparations and parade to banish Old Man Winter, claim some sweet loot, and have a chance to claim fantastic Fasnacht masks.
Other additions to Fallout 76 via this update include:
- Energy and Heavy Weapons Balance: We’ve implemented a number of balance changes for energy and heavy weapons to help them last longer before needing repairs and increase their damage output.
- Challenge Tracking: A Challenge Tracker has been added to the Map to give you better visibility into your current active Challenges. You can also use it to keep an eye on progress toward the Challenges that are most important to you.
- Player Reporting: We’ve added a player reporting system to the Social Menu that you can use to report other players for a variety of inappropriate or negative behaviors.
The update is said to be the first of many expansion updates, and show arrive by next week.