Bethesda has honestly been working really hard to keep interest in their latest Fallout title, Fallout 76. Not because there’s a lot of competition out there and all that, but rather, the game has been plagued with issues since launch. And due to these issues, the game didn’t sell too well, and those that did buy the game either really like, or really hate it. So aside from doing all sorts of bug fixes and patches, they’re about to start dishing out loads of new content.
This announcement came from their website, where they highlighted what’s coming out soon:
“A mythical beast, a lost generation of scouts, and the strongest brew this side of the wasteland,” reads the most recent blog post. “Welcome to Wild Appalachia – a series of new quests, features, events, crafting systems and more starting on March 12 and appearing over several weeks.”
- New Quests: Shear Terror! – Uncover the ‘encryptid’ secrets of Appalachia in a new series of quests and encounters to separate monsters from myths.
- New Quests: Ever Upwards – Journey to the deepest reaches of the woods with new stories for the legendary Pioneer Scouts. Earn merit badges, climb the ranks, and earn a customizable backpack for increased utility.
Oh, but that’s not the end of it all, there’s even more coming to Fallout 76!
- New Features: Legendary Vendor and Scrapping – Locate the mysterious Purveyor to exchange and scrap your unwanted legendary items for new legendary gear. For every star rating on a legendary item you scrap, increase your chances to get the legendary weapon or armor of your dreams.
- New Features: C.A.M.P. Decorating, Player Vending, Functional Camera – Use items from your stash to decorate your C.A.M.P. Build vending machines and flag items for sale. Simply set your prices and walk away to continue your adventures in Appalachia, being sure to capture all your favorite memories using the new functional camera. The vending machines do all the work, you just need to count the caps.
- New Features: Brewing and Distilling – Go on a new quest to discover the secrets of the forbidden brew Nukashine and bring the party back to your C.A.M.P with new brewing and distilling systems and recipes.
- New Seasonal Event: Fasnacht Parade – Chase away Old Man Winter and quicken the coming of spring with the ancient festival of Fasnacht! Join the celebration and complete this new limited-time event to earn unique rewards in the form of festive Fasnacht Masks.
- New Game Mode: Survival – This all-new game mode brings a higher-stakes PvP experience with fewer restrictions, increased rewards, and new challenges plus all the original content of Adventure Mode.
With all of this content, it’s easy to see why Fallout 76 might be something you try out again once the content all releases.